TERMS & CONDITIONS
When you use The London Lens Project, we must process information about you. The types of information we collect depend on how you use The London Lens Project
We realise that people are unsure about entering their personal details into websites via the Internet. Below, we explain what information we collect from you, how we use and process your information, who we transfer it to etc.
When this policy mentions “The London Lens Project,” “we,” “us,” or “our,” it refers to The London Lens Project, the company that is responsible for your information under this Data Policy (the “Data Controller”).
A) WHAT KINDS OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use The London Lens Project, including when you subscribe to our newsletter. This can include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata), such as your IP Address, the date of sign-up or email address.
When you sign up as a subscriber:
When you manually sign-up as a user on The London Lens Project we collect the following information from you: first name, last name, and your email address.
When you make a booking
For us to process a booking on a tour for you, we collect some information from you.
We always require your, full name & email address.
For certain Products that you book we may also require: medical conditions, contact number, next of kin name, next of kin relationship, next of kin contact number or email address, and other relevant details.
In order to confirm booking of a Product on the website The London Lens Project also require your credit or debit card details via a Paypal transaction. Please note that we collect information about the Product purchase and transaction, including meta data such as IP location, time of making the booking and other information.
We collect information about how you use The London Lens Project, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you're using and have last used The London Lens Project, and what tour pages, and other content you view on The London Lens Project.
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with The London Lens Project, and we combine this information across different devices you use.
Information we obtain from these devices includes:
• Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, and browser type.
• Device operations: information about operations and behaviours performed on the device, e.g. mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
• Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, associated with the same device or account.
• Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, and IP address.
• Cookie data: data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
B) HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
We use the information we have (subject to choices you make) as described below and to provide and support the growth of The London Lens Project. Here’s how:
• Provide, personalise, measure and improve The London Lens Project: We use the information we have to deliver our Products, including to measure and personalize features and content (including your tour) and make suggestions for you (such as times of tour, locations, numbers of participants.) To create personalized Products that are unique and relevant to you, we use your past browsing data on The London Lens Project; how you use and interact with our Products and users; and your geographical location.
• Location-related information: We use your current location (via IP address) to show you Product information in your local currency, including showing you relevant Products and destinations, concerning your current location.
• Product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test and improve The London Lens Project and its existing features, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features. We also use your information to share with other users on e.g. how many users are currently active in the Product you’re looking at, or if a user has recently booked a Product in a given destination or region.
• Provide measurement and analytics: We use the information we have to understand the usage of The London Lens Project better, to know how many people use it, and how they use it.
• Promote safety, integrity and security: We use the information we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad user experiences, maintain the integrity of The London Lens Project, its Products, and data, and promote safety and security on The London Lens Project, and for all the data we collect.
• Only student's Animations/ photographs & videos from whom will have consent from the parent will be shared via our website, Facebook page & Google + account
All website posts will be secure and will require a log in to access the information however there will be an introduce photograph on the link, that will be pubic.
All consent will be renewed each school term/ new club/ course.
C) HOW IS THE INFORMATION SHARED?
Upfront, we do not sell any of your information to anyone. Your information is shared with other parties in the following ways:
Tutors for activities and courses:
We are required to communicate and share your information to the tour operator from which will lead your activity. We give your name, sometimes your phone number, your email address, and other information provided, including all the information entered into the booking form, when making a booking, and other information collected post-booking, to the tutor. The tutor requires this information to process your activity. The tutors and other users will furthermore receive all the information that you pass to them via our messages/emails. All tutors on whose behalf we facilitate bookings of Products have agreed to the The London Lens Project terms and conditions and accepted this The London Lens Project Data Policy.
School and referral partners, or statutory bodies operating like school and referral partners (for instance social workers looking after in-care children) who refer young people to our Learning Programme. We share information that helps us deliver our After School Programme to the highest standards and impact. We inform school and referral partners of a young person’s progress throughout the year. We will also share information that keeps young people safe as part of our Safeguarding duties.
We share information only when there has been consent. We might share information without consent if there is reason for concern for the individual or the safety of a young person; in which case we might contact a statutory body or our contractual partner.
Public information on The London Lens Project can in principle be seen by everybody, including if other people don’t have an account in The London Lens Project. This only includes the name of your school and intro display photos.
• Content others share or reshare about a page on which you’ve contributed some content:
When you post a comment, make a review, upload an image, or in any other way make some information publicly available on The London Lens Project, such information may be shared via The London Lens Project or other channels by other users.
Information about your active status:
Sharing with Third-Party Partners:
We share analytics and browsing data with third parties such as Google, Facebook and other third parties for marketing and analytics purposes, including improving The London Lens Project as a product. Most of this data is, however, only accessible on an aggregate manner.
Our auditors and other people may have access to some of your booking data, but merely from a legal perspective, e.g. when we’re having our accounts audited by an accredited auditor company.
Law enforcement or legal requests:
We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests.
D) WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING THE DATA?
We collect, use and share the data that we have in the ways described above:
• consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time through the The London Lens Project unsubscribe page;
• as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
• as necessary for our (or others') legitimate interests, including our interests in providing an innovative, personalised, safe, and profitable travel service to our users and partners, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data.
E) HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS PROVIDED UNDER GDPR?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, edit, rectify, port and delete your data. You will be able to do such under your The London Lens Project unsubscribe page.
F) DATA RETENTION, ACCOUNT DEACTIVATION, AND DELETION
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services and The London Lens Project as a product.
This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
For all files submitted via The London Lens Project message system, we will delete any file with a storage time of 24 months or more.
G) HOW DO WE RESPOND TO LEGAL REQUESTS OR PREVENT HARM?
We want you to feel confident about using The London Lens Project, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and between our system and those of the parties with whom we share sensitive information, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorised persons from gaining access to your information.
You should be aware that where you link to another website from this website, that The London Lens Project has no control over that other website. Accordingly, The London Lens Project cannot guarantee that the controller of that website will respect your privacy in the same manner as The London Lens Project.
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
• In response to a legal request, if we have a good-faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We can also respond to legal requests when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognised standards.
• When we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorised use of the Products, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, if relevant, we provide information to and receive information from third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activity on and off The London Lens Project.
The London Lens Project is a general audience site and does not offer booking services directly to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible. People below 18 years old will not be able to make a tour booking.
H) HOW WILL WE NOTIFY YOU OF ANY CHANGES MADE?
We may update our Data Policy from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Data Policy on this page. You are advised to review this Data Policy periodically for any changes. Changes to this Data Policy are effective when they are posted on this page.
I) HOW TO CONTACT THE LONDON LENS PROJECT FOR ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE
The data controller responsible for your information is The London Lens Project who you can contact here.